These cheesy stuffed mushrooms are not only mouth-watering but really easy to make too.
What you’ll need:
- 3 slices streaky bacon
- 8 crimini mushrooms
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbp. chopped onion
- 90g grated Cheddar cheese
What you’ll need to do:
- Fry bacon in a large, deep frying pan. Cook over a medium high heat until evenly brown. Remove, dice and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Remove mushroom stems. Set aside caps. Chop the stems.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Slowly cook and stir the chopped stems and onion until the onion is soft. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the mushroom stem mixture, bacon and two thirds of the cheddar. Mix well and scoop the mixture into the mushroom caps.
- Bake in the preheated oven 15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove the mushrooms from the oven, and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.