Eye makeup can be the most difficult part of your make-up routine. The only way to make sure you don’t end up looking like you’re a contestant on Toddlers and Tiaras is to practice. Our top tips will help as well.
- Always use a primer to make sure your eye shadow will stay put. Put it all over the lid and right up under the eyebrow.
- A cream base will also give your shadow something to stick to. It also helps to bring out the colour of your eye shadow.
- Don’t brush the eye shadow across your eye, patting it on will help it stick to the lid better.
- Going in the same direction, use short brush strokes to blend in colours. Don’t move your hand too fast; keep it slow and steady.
- Never, ever apply eye shadow right up to your brow, unless you are using a highlighter colour…or it’s Halloween.
- And remember, always apply your eye shadow BEFORE you apply your mascara.