Rhubarb is in season – yaaay!
Who doesn’t love a sweet yet tart rhubarb pie or crumble with warm custard. So good.
This jam will be good on scones, toast, biscuits, everything!
What you’ll need:
- 500g fresh rhubarb, chopped roughly
- 500g jam sugar
- Thumb-size fresh ginger, chopped finely
- 40g crystallised ginger, chopped finely
What you’ll need to do:
- Wash and dry the rhubarb well.
- In a bowl, combine the rhubarb, ginger and sugar.
- Leave covered overnight.
- Place all of the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil for about an hour, until it has thickened and the sugar is dissolved.
- To test if the jam is at a suitable setting point, take a spoon and drop it on a cold plate. Leave it for a few minutes and if it wrinkles at a touch it is ready for jarring. If not, continue to cook until it is.
- Ladle the jam mixture into previously sterilised jars, cover with a piece of wax paper cut to size and place the lid on.
- Enjoy with a warm, buttery scone and hot tea. Perfection!