Everyone loves pizza but sometimes it can be difficult to know what is going into your pizza – especially if you are watching your weight.
Making pizza is so simple and far more gratifying than throwing something into the oven, why not have a go?
It can also be made from many kitchen staples.
What you’ll need:
For the dough:
- 500g strong white flour
- 1 x 7g packet fast-action yeast
- 280-300ml of lukewarm water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar
For the toppings:
- Tomato sauce – homemade or ready-made
- mozzarella/feta/cheddar cheese
What you’ll need to do:
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Combine the sugar, yeast and water and leave for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl or on a clean surface mix the salt with the flour and create a well in the middle.
- Pour the liquid into the well and using your hands work the mixture into a dough.
- Knead the dough until it forms a good, elastic quality. Place in a bowl cover with a teatowel and set aside for up to one hour.
- After an hour, knead it another bit and divide it into equal parts of your desired size for pizzas.
- Shape each size and using a rolling pin create a nice, flat, pizza shape.
- Brush with olive oil, add your tomato sauce and toppings.
- Place in the oven for 10-20 mins or until the dough is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbling.