These tasty granola bars are the perfect healthy mid-morning snack.
Forget those sugary shop-bought kind and bake your own!
What you’ll need:
- 100g butter
- 200g porridge oats
- 100g sunflower seeds
- 50g sesame seeds
- 50g chopped walnuts
- 3 tbsp honey
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 100g dried cranberries, cherries or blueberries, or a mix
What you’ll need to do:
1. Butter and line the base of a roasting tin and heat oven to around 160C.
2. Mix the oats, seeds and nuts in a roasting tin, then put in the oven for 5-10 minutes to toast.
3. Warm the butter, honey and sugar in a pan, stirring until butter is melted.
4. Add the oat mix and dried fruit, then mix until all the oats are well coated.
5. Tip into the tin, press down lightly, then bake for 30 minutes.
6. Cool in tin, then cut into bars.