This rice pudding recipe has all of the comfort and taste of a regular rice pudding but none of the sugar.
To make it dairy-free swap regular milk for almond milk and to make it more beneficial, white rice for brown rice.
This is so healthy you could have it for a nice leisurely breakfast!
What you’ll need:
- 70g brown rice
- 600ml almond milk
- 1 tsp. grated nutmeg
- 4-5 almonds, chopped
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbslp. maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla bean paste
What you’ll need to do:
- Bring the almond milk to the boil and then to a simmer.
- Rinse the rice until the water runs clear and then add to the milk.
- Cook as you would regular rice, until the rice expands and add more milk if you need it.
- Before serving stir in all of the other ingredients.