If you don’t fancy having sweet pancakes this evening, why not take your chances with this simple savoury pancake recipe?
This sweetcorn and potato recipe is a great way to include some pancakes into your diet today.
- 425g leftover mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- 75g sweetcorn kernels
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- Put all the ingredient except the oil in a large bowl.
- Combine well.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and then put spoonfuls of the batter into a pan.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes or until golden on each side.
- Repeat with remaining oil and batter.
- Serve with your favorite condiment.