This granola recipe is so simple and perfect for those of us who shudder at the thought of porridge. A tastier alternative for getting healthy oats into your diet!
What you’ll need:
- 150g rolled oats
- 2 tbsp honey
- 80g mixed nuts
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
What you’ll need to do:
- Preheat oven to 180. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, nuts, seeds, cinnamon, and coconut.
- Pour in the honey and using your hands (to get the granola cluster effect) mix the honey with the oats mixture.
- If the mixture seems dry add a little more honey.
- Transfer the granola mixture to the lined baking tray and spread out as sparsely as possible to ensure even cooking.
- Cook for about 20mins, regularly shaking up the oats with a spoon to make sure it all gets cooked.
- Remove and allow to cool. Store in an airtight container.
- Serve for easy, healthy and fast breakfasts with greek yoghurt, strawberries and banana.