This has to be the ultimate healthy snack!
We're huge fans of hummus – but as with anything, it's a million times better when it's homemade! That's why we're loving this tasty red pepper and chilli hummus recipe with homemade tortilla chips.
If you're not a fan of corn chips, you can use wholemeal or white pita bread instead and follow the same method for an equally healthy crunch.
Red Pepper and Chilli Hummus
- 2 red peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 red chilli, deseeded
- 2 x 400g tins chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 110ml ice cold water
- Salt and pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place the two red peppers on a baking tray and roast for around 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool and peel away the outer skin. Discard skin and seeds.
- Roughly chop garlic and chilli, and drain chickpeas. Add to blender or food processor with the roasted peppers, olive oil, tahini and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Blitz until ingredients are roughly combined.
- With the motor running, slowly pour in the ice water and keep blitzing until the mixture is smooth. You may need to stop the motor a few times to scrape the mixture back down toward the blades.
Baked Tortilla Chips
- 12 corn tortillas
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Brush each tortilla lightly with oil on each side.
- Cut the tortillas into triangles using a sharp knife or scissors.
- Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet (you may need two).
- Bake for 7 – 9 minutes until crisp.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to serve.