Met Éireann says this heatwave is set to continue – so what better way to make the most of the sun than by munching on these delicious frozen treats!
What you’ll need:
- 1 packet of oreos
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp peppermint extract
- Green food colouring
- 1 carton of whipped cream
What you’ll need to do:
- Lightly butter a pan or use a non-stick pan. Set aside.
- In a blender pulse the entire package of oreos until fine crumbs.
- Press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan and spread them evenly along the bottom. Press them down with the back of a spatula.
- Use the same bowl to mix the cream cheese. Using hand mixers, mix the cream cheese for about three-four minutes until very creamy. Slowly add in the sweetened condensed milk and continue to mix with the hand mixers for another two-three minutes.
- Using a spatula scrape down the sides and continue to mix for another minute.
- Mix in the peppermint extract and food colouring. Do as much food colouring as you want until you reach the desired colour you want your cheesecake to be.
- With the spatula, fold in the whipped cream. Be careful to not over mix with the rest of the ingredients.
- Freeze overnight or for at least eight hours.
- Serve directly from the freezer and return to the freezer as soon as you are finished serving.
Image via Pinterest