Getting your hair done should be a relaxing endeavour, right? You’re getting preened, you’re getting pampered and you’re leaving like a million bucks. What’s not to love? Well, a lot actually.
A trip to the salon can be nerve-wracking, stressful and downright scary and here are just a few reasons why.
1) You’ve spent twenty minutes on your make-up and now it’s sluicing down your cheeks, all courtesy of the over-enthusiastic fifteen-year-old trainee.
Thanks for that.
2) If you wear glasses, they’re quickly whipped off your face leaving you squinting and at the mercy of a woman with seriously large scissors.
Please be kind.
3) If you read the magazine you’re offered, you feel rude. If you don’t, you have to make awkward chit-chat.
No, I’m just not that into X Factor this year.
4) If you’re NOT going somewhere nice that night, you feel like a loser who’s going home to sit on the couch mournfully stroking her new beehive.
Ah, I might pop out for one, we’ll see.
5) You’re expected to maintain a light-hearted conversation over the sound of twelve blow driers.
SAY THAT AGAIN…OH SORRY, SAY THAT AGAIN?
6) Even if you’re with an old reliable, you can’t fully relax because you don’t know she won’t have an off-day.
Eyes on the prize, Alison.
7) If you’re with a new person, silent panic attacks are completely justified.
Are you sure you know what you’re doing? Can I see your credentials?
8) Your ‘OMG, it’s exactly what I wanted' face is so good that you almost convince yourself sometimes. Sob.
My life is over.