Who doesn’t love a good curry? And you can now make your own, thanks to this easy recipe.
What you’ll need:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsps. vegetable oil
- 2 large onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsps. curry powder or paste
- 500ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsps. tomato purée
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 2 tbsps. Greek-style yoghurt
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper
What you’ll need to do:
- Wash the chicken breasts and then season them with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan. Add the chicken and brown it on all sides for six–eight minutes over a medium heat. Remove and set aside on a plate.
- Cook the onions in the pan for five minutes until golden brown, stirring regularly. Add the garlic and curry powder, stirring for one minute.
- Add the stock, tomato purée, sugar and seasoning. Mix well and add the chicken. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until tender. Make sure to turn the chicken pieces halfway through cooking.
- Remove the chicken to a serving dish using a draining spoon. Heat the sauce over a high heat for two–three minutes until reduced and thickened.
- Take the pan off the heat and stir in the Greek-style yoghurt. Check seasoning, then pour the sauce over the chicken.