Sweet potato fries are not only healthy but can be great source of nutrients too. Here is an easy recipe, which will enable you to have this side order, in no time.
What you’ll need:
> 3 large sweet potatoes
> 60 ml olive oil
> 1-2 tbsp sugar
> 1 tbsp salt
What you’ll need to do:
- Preheat the oven to 230°C.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut off the ends. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and then, in half crosswise. Cut each piece into wedges.
- Put the sweet potatoes into a large bowl and add the oil. Then with your hands mix the sweet potatoes with all of salt and sugar.
- Spread the sweet potatoes out in a single layer on top of a baking sheet. Make sure each slice is evenly coated in the olive oil mixture.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes. After the first 15 minutes, remove the baking sheet from the oven and turn over all of the sweet potato slices. After you have turned them over return them to the over and let them bake for another 15 minutes until they are well browned.
- Make sure the fries have cooled for five minutes before serving.