Now the sun is finally returning, this home made strawberry lemonade recipe will help you and your friends keep cooled down, this warm Easter Bank Holiday weekend.
What you’ll need:
- 250ml water
- 250ml lemonade
- 1l -1500l cold water (ice cold depending on your taste)
- 250g sugar
- 500g strawberries
What you’ll need to do:
1. Start to make a syrup by combining the sugar with 250ml of water in a saucepan. Place over medium heat and heat until the sugar is completely dissolved, swirling the pan occasionally. Let it cool.
2. Once the simple syrup has cooled, puree strawberries in a blender with 125ml of cold water.
3. In a large pitcher, combine strawberry puree, simple syrup and lemon juice.
4. Add the rest of the cold water into the mix. The amount of water you use will depend on your taste, so add as little or as much as you want to achieve your perfect sweet or sour balance.
5. Serve over ice. To make it even more perfect you can finish it off with fresh strawberries and lemon slices.
Notes: If you really want to mix it up, you can turn the lemonade into a cocktail by adding 250ml of vodka at step 4. To make the strawberry lemonade even more delicious, use eight freshly squeezed lemons instead of actual lemonade. This only make the drink, even more refreshing.