This mousse is really rich and chocolatey, but still light – perfection! You can also dress this mousse up a bit by adding some orange zest and juice or perhaps some Baileys – the possibilities are endless!
What you’ll need:
- 200g good quality dark chocolate
- 4 egg whites
- 300ml double cream
What you’ll need to do:
- Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl over a saucepan of previously boiled simmering water.
- Semi-whip the cream and whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Stir in the whipped cream to the melted chocolate that should by now be off the heat.
- Next, add the egg whites to the mixture and stir well to combine.
- Place the mixture into individual ramekins/dessert glasses and put into the fridge to set for an hour or more.