This is a really easy recipe to put together. It’s basically hardening melted chocolate, but by adding a few ingredients you can make it a little more special. Wrap it in a ribbon or put it in a cute box with some coloured paper for the perfect gift.
What you’ll need:
- 300g good quality dark chocolate
- 100g almonds
- coarse sea salt
What you’ll need to do:
- Line a flat baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Lightly toast the almonds under the grill, keeping a close eye because you don’t want them to burn.
- Remove and when cool, coarsely chop the almonds – you want a good mixture of big and small pieces and you can even leave some whole.
- In a glass bowl over a saucepan of simmering, water melt the chocolate.
- Combine half the chopped almonds with the chocolate.
- Pour the mixture evenly over the baking tray and sprinkle the remaining almonds on top.
- Leave to harden overnight or for about 2-3hrs.
- Sprinkle the coarse sea salt over the chocolate bark, break into pieces and serve.