If you have an intolerance to dairy, or are trying on dairy-free diet for size, check out this delicious dark chocolate mousse recipe that’ll make your mouth water.
What you’ll need:
- 170g good-quality dark chocolate (minimum 60 per cent cocoa solids) roughly chopped
- 7 egg whites
- ¼ tsp lemon juice
- 40g caster sugar
What you’ll need to do:
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water
- Whisk the egg whites and lemon juice in a large bowl until they form soft peaks.
- Add the sugar and continue to whisk until firm peaks form when the whisk is removed.
- Whisk one-third of the egg whites into the melted chocolate, until thick and well combined.
- Fold the remaining egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
- Spoon the mousse mixture into glasses. Chill in the fridge for 2-3 hours, or until set.