Freshly baked banana bread is delicious on its own, but add chocolate and we’re sold!
What you’ll need:
- 250g plain flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch salt
- 200g golden caster sugar
- 2 very ripe bananas, peeled, mashed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 125g butter, melted
What you’ll need to do:
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Grease and line a loaf tin.
- Sift the plain flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and sugar into a large bowl and mix well.
- Mash the bananas in a separate bowl, stir in the eggs and melted butter.
- Fold the banana mixture into the flour mixture until just combined. Fold in the chocolate and spoon the mixture into the loaf tin.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until the cake is risen and a knife stuck into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes and serve.