Lesley Cosgrave hails from Dublin and is the lovely face behind beauty and lifestyle blog, Bellinis and Blush.
The talented blogger loves to promote confidence as well as sharing all of her beauty tips and tricks. Check out Bellinis and Blush for the inside track on all things beauty and life, from food to fashion and everything in between!
We had a chat with Lesley and put some tough questions to her – which she nailed! She even let us peek inside her make-up bag – check it out!
1. What's your best budget beauty buy?
I’m a huge fan of Rimmel foundations, in particular the Wake Me Up and Lasting Finish range. Lasting Finish is perfect for both day and night and it does what it says on the tin, it lasts! A huge thing for me as I tend to not touch up my make up during the day. Both excellent products and super affordable! Special mention goes to Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet lipsticks, INCREDIBLE LASTING POWER! Great for a special occasion or a big night out.
2. What's your top make-up tip?
It’s all about that base! Commit yourself to a regular skin care routine and REMOVE YOUR MAKE UP BEFORE BED! Cannot stress that point enough. If your skin is in tip top condition, your make up will apply like a dream, look better and last longer.
3. Do you have a favourite all-round beauty product?
Ooh this is like Sophie’s Choice!! Clarins Beauty Flash Balm is a super all round product. I mostly use it as a primer make up base, but it does an amazing job as a mask and as a moisturiser. It really wakes up your skin, smells beautiful, feels fresh and invigorating and gives the illusion of a full night’s sleep. It’s not the cheapest product, but a little goes a long way. I usually get months out of a tube and I use it every single day. A close second is Elizabeth Arden’s Eight Hour Cream, everyone should have a tube of this in their stash!
4. What's your earliest beauty memory?
My earliest beauty memory was watching my mother do her make up! She was so glamourous and always had her make up on, nails painted and hair perfectly coiffed after using her heated rollers. I always remember she would dot lipstick on her cheeks and blend with her fingers, in place of a traditional powder blush! Glammy Mammy she was, I believe my love of beauty stemmed from her.
5. Most girls have a signature scent – what's yours?
I have a ridiculous amount of perfume on rotation, I use them depending on my mood or the occasion. My go to fragrance would be Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh. It’s the perfect scent for both day and night. I’m a huge fan of really fresh, clean scents and this one never fails me.
6. What's in your make-up bag right now? Can we have a peek inside?
This is my regular everyday make up kit, but I do like to glam it up for nights out with darker eyes and a bold lip!
- Define & Conquer Contour Kit from Seventeen
- Doll Eye Mascara from NYX
- Lasting Finish Foundation from Rimmel
- Beauty Flash Balm from Clarins
- Stay Matte But Not Flat Pressed powder from NYX
- Fake Up Concealer from Benefit
- Powder Blush from Chanel
- Dandelion Lip Gloss from Benefit
- Brow This Way Brow Gel from Rimmel
- High Brow Highlighter from Benefit
- Eye Booster Liquid Liner from Physicians Formula