When there are bananas about to go off, it can be a difficult decision to throw them away.
You may not have gotten around to eating them (good intentions and all of that) but you don’t want to waste them either.
Well, why not throw together a delicious banana bread?
This recipe makes a moist and tasty cake that will go perfectly with a cup of tea.
What you’ll need:
- 240g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 110g butter
- 200g light brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 60ml buttermilk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Handful of walnuts, chopped
What you’ll need to do:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a loaf tin.
- In a bowl, sift the flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the eggs one at a time and combine well.
- Stir in the mashed bananas.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix. Try not to over-mix as the cake will be heavy.
- Bake the cake for about an hour or until a wooden skewer comes out clean.
- Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup and a cup of tea.