Coleslaw is fashionable again – but not the drippy, creamy awful one you get in packets at the supermarket or in the deli, oh no. This coleslaw is full of fresh crunchy produce and a healthy sauce that won’t leave you feeling bloated and unwell.
It is the perfect side dish for chicken and hamburgers.
What you’ll need for the coleslaw:
- 2 carrots
- 1 apple (preferably red as it is sweeter)
- Handful of walnuts
- 1 red onion
- Small head of white or red cabbage (the red gives a wonderful colour)
What you’ll need for the dressing:
- Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Salt and black pepper
What you’ll need to do:
- Simply grate the carrots, cabbage, onion and apple and mix in a bowl along with the walnuts.
- Mix the mustard and olive oil in a bowl and stir in the seasoning.
- Put in the greek yoghurt a tablespoon at a time until it’s as creamy as you desire.