Actress accidentally ‘sets fire to her home’

Alexis Knapp, who stars alongside Anna Kendrick and Rebel Wilson in Pitch Perfect has had her home destroyed following fire yesterday.

Alexis also mum to a three-year-old daughter, Kailani, with fellow actor, Ryan Philippe.

Thankfully, Alexis and her daughter were not home at the time but one firefighter has been left injured. TMZ report that it required 30 fire trucks and 75 firefighters to help put the fire out.

The blaze allegedly began after Alexis left her home but forgot to put out a lighting candle.

The building is now registered as inhabitable until further notice.  

This is so frightening and just another reason why it is so important to put candles out before leaving our home or going to bed at night.