It may be spring but it's still snowing in a lot of places and almost everyone seems to be still suffering with colds and flus.
If you're feeling under the weather or just need a bit of comforting TLC then this chicken soup recipe is exactly what you need.
What you'll need:
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 leek, chopped finely
- 1/2 bag of spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 sprigs of parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 handful of peas
- 2 pints of chicken stock
What you'll need to do:
- Prepare and chop all of your vegetables and bake/boil chicken until cooked through.
- In a large saucepan, heat a teaspoon of oil and cook onion until softened.
- Add carrots and leek before pouring in hot stock.
- When the veg is softened through, add the peas, spinach and parsley.
- Serve in a bowl with some crusty bread.