You don’t need to be training for a marathon to go for a jog. Here are five reasons to put your runners on and head out the door.
- Jogging is the simplest and cheapest method of exercise.
- Jogging burns the highest amount of calories out of all other forms of exercise.
- Running outdoors can burn 30-40% more calories than running in the gym, due to wind resistance and varying terrains.
- As well as burning calories and improving your heart’s strength, jogging also works the core, the lower back and your love handles.
- It’s one of the best stress busters as it increases your oxygen levels and endorphins.