We all remember that fateful day we got the dreaded Leaving Cert results. The tension, the panic, the relief (hopefully). Here are some memories we all have that day, and some words of wisdom for those getting results today:
1. 'Did you hear there’s gonna be news cameras at the school?!’
There might be a couple of journalists trying to get a few snaps of people hugging and crying. Tell them you got 90 points but you’re hoping for second round medicine.
2. ‘So … were you happy with your results?"
This is the polite way of saying ‘What did you get?’ Eh…feck off?
3. ‘Did you hear Sarah’s parents aren’t letting her go out cuz she was 10 points off medicine?’
Rumours will be rampant. Leave people and their points alone.
4. ‘The institute is actually gonna be graaand next year, loads of people I know are repeating’
Whatever happens, there will be literally hundreds of people who are in the same boat as you. It’s never as bad as it might first appear.
5. ‘Ok no,no, no, Aoife lost her ticket for tonight, will I get my Mum to call yer man?’
Aoife, don’t worry. You will get in.
6. ‘Ok, Mark left his ID on the bus so we have to do a passback’
Or you could get your Mum to bring you up to the bouncer? I’m sure she wouldn’t mind.
7. ‘Here, Katie’s not gonna get past the bouncers in that state and to be honest, I’m not waiting outside for her. It’s my results night too.’
Ah, the loyalty test. If someone hasn’t taken the advice of #5, older siblings are always a good shout to call. Until you get through to someone though, don’t leave anyone alone.
8. ‘Luke spilt Jager on my dress, I’ve been planning this for months, what the HELL!’
Calm yourself. Soda water.
9. ‘Oh my God this is like the last time we’ll ever be out together’
No it is simply not. It’s Ireland. You will literally see these people all the time.
Keep clear of any fight and try and stay out of them. Inevitable on a night filled with so much emotion but leave it to the bouncers.
via our content partner CT