1. Carrots were purple until the 17th Century.
2. McDonald’s sells 75 burgers per second.
3. Honey is the only food stuff that will never go off.
4. Ketchup was originally used as a medicine in the 1800’s.
5. Lemons contain a higher level of sugar than strawberries.
6. Coca-Cola was originally green in colour.
7. Sweet potatoes and potatoes are in no way related.
8. The colour orange was named after the fruit.
9. Almonds are actually from the rose family, as are apples, peaches and strawberries.
10. Cashew nuts growing looks like this: